Skip to menu

Sermon

The faith of Rahab

Admin 2017.01.31 03:49 Views : 338 Recommend:3

설교음성파일 듣기 : 012917.mp3

SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2017 AT 11:13 AM
The faith of Rahab
“It was by faith that Rahab the prostitute was not destroyed with the people in her city who refused to obey God. For she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.” Hebrews​ ​11:31​ ​ NLT​​ unexpected figure to be an example of faith she was a prostitute “Don’t forget that you Gentiles used to be outsiders. You were
called “uncircumcised heathens” by the Jews, who were proud of their circumcision, even though it affected only their bodies and not their hearts. In those days you were living apart from Christ. You were excluded from citizenship among the people of Israel, and you did not know the covenant promises God had made to them. You lived in this world without God and without hope.” Ephesians​ ​2:11-12​ ​ NLT​​ she is far from the profile of other Biblical figure *“Salmon was the father of Boaz (whose mother was Rahab). Boaz was the father of Obed (whose mother was Ruth). Obed was the father of Jesse. Jesse was the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon (whose mother was Bathsheba, the widow of Uriah).” Matthew​ ​ 1:5-6 NLT reason being, showing the significance of sinners, that we are all sinners… that Jesus came for all the sinners The Bible says there are 42 generations to Jesus per the Bible, if you keep count of each name, it adds up to 41. This is because we are the 42nd generation thanks to Jesus. This is the great secret of the Bible that cannot be realized without the Boly Spirit's guidance The source of faith is the word of God “Before the spies went to sleep that night, Rahab went up on the roof to talk with them. “I know the LORD has given you this land,” she told them. “We are all afraid of you. Everyone in the land is living in terror. For we have heard how the LORD made a dry path for you through the Red Sea when you left Egypt. And we know what you did to Sihon and Og, the two Amorite kings east of the Jordan River, whose people you completely destroyed.” Joshua​ ​ 2:8-10​ ​ NLT​​ Just because we go through the motions of going to church, doesn't mean we can witness God's love - it is when we believe from our hearts that through this faith we will be saved Rahab just listened to and believed in God's words “The LORD is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?”Psalms​ ​27:1​ ​ NLT​​ Conviction of faith ““I know the LORD has given you this land,” she told them. “We are all afraid of you. Everyone in the land is living in terror.” Joshua​ ​2:9​ ​NLT​​ Rahab believed more on God's words than what was immediately visible “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from
God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans​ ​ 8:38-39​
​ NLT​​ “That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.” 2 Timothy​ ​1:12​ ​ NLT​​ Act of faith Rahab put action behind her faith by welcoming the “spies” into her home. This was an act that could have put her in danger of execution but she continued to act according to faith in the word you might have to walk a path that is not a popular and easy route, but stay on course when you know it is for God's will and according to God's word to act according to faith is going to be filled with temptations and trials which try to lure you away, but always look to God for guidance “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans​ ​ 12:2​ ​NLT​​ Is your actions changing due to and according to faith? “Rahab the prostitute is another example. She was shown to be right with God by her actions when she hid those messengers and sent them safely away by a different road.” James​ ​ 2:25​ ​NLT​​ Reward of faith You witness the manifestation of faith when you act according to faith *“No wonder our hearts have melted in fear! No one has the courage to fight after hearing such things. For the LORD your God is the supreme God of the heavens above and the earth below.” Joshua​ ​ 2:11​ ​NLT​​ “For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.” Romans​ ​10:10​ ​NLT​​ You receive salvation when you act according to faith Rahab and her family were saved due to her acting according to faith ““Now swear to me by the LORD that you will be kind to me
and my family since I have helped you. Give me some guarantee that when Jericho is conquered, you will let me live, along with my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all their families.”” Joshua​ ​ 2:12-13​ ​NLT​​ “Meanwhile, Joshua said to the two spies, “Keep your promise. Go to the prostitute’s house and bring her out, along with all her family.” The men who had been spies went in and brought out Rahab, her father, mother, brothers, and all the other relatives who were with her. They moved her whole family to a safe place near the camp of Israel.”Joshua​ ​ 6:22-23​ ​ NLT​​
One person's faith and acting according to faith can manifest in the most amazing miracle of God. It's not just for the “worthy” but for all and any who is willing to believe, and act according to God's will, entrusting ourselves to God and let God be the center of our actions.

Up