Skip to menu

Sermon

Do you want a blessed life?

Admin 2016.10.02 18:49 Views : 854 Recommend:47

Do you want a blessed life?

Deuteronomy 2:1-7 (NIV) /신명기 2:1-7
2 Then we turned back and set out toward the wilderness along the route to the Red Sea,[a] as the Lord had directed me. For a long time we made our way around the hill country of Seir.
2 Then the Lord said to me, 3 “You have made your way around this hill country long enough; now turn north. 4 Give the people these orders:‘You are about to pass through the territory of your relatives the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. They will be afraid of you, but be very careful. 5 Do not provoke them to war, for I will not give you any of their land, not even enough to put your foot on. I have given Esau the hill country of Seir as his own. 6 You are to pay them in silver for the food you eat and the water you drink.’”
7 The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything.

Our lives in this world is very similar to the life that the Israelites lived in the wilderness. There will be times of hunger and thirst and there will also be times where our thirst is quenched and we are brought to a place of rest. Not only this, we will also meet moments when we will be overwhelmed with wonder.
The Israelites lived their lives looking forward to the life after the hardships of the wilderness and the things it brought such as thirst, dirt, endless travel.
Throughout all this, there is a way to live in the grace of God with all the blessings it brings.
In order to receive this blessing, what must we do?

1. Hear the voice of God.

1) This voice will tell us to not argue amongst one another.
     2) He will tell us to pay the “fair” price for what we need.

2. Do what God tells you to do.

1) Do : Be happy follow God’s words.
     2) Dn’t do : Anything that turns our back to God.

3.Dwell with God

1) The way to dwell with God
          a) Learn the words of Christ Jesus, receive it, hear it, act according to
              i t so  that you may gain that peace of Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:9)

b) 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and
             on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples
             of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the
             Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything
             I have commanded. And surely I am with you always, to the very end
             of the age.”(Matthew 28:18-20)

c.11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration,
             encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God
             of love and peace will be with you.(2 corinthians 13:11)

d.Where two or three gather in His name, our Lord will be with them.
             (Matthew 19:18,19)

e.Seek him earnestly(Proverbs 8:17)
          f.If you dwell in him, he will dwell in you.(Joh 15:4)

4. Look forward to what God promised to you

1) What did God promise

a) Eternal life(John 3:16)
          b)  Salvation(Mark 16:16)
          c) The right to be at His right hand(Revelation 3:21)
          d) .Kingdom of Heaven(Matthew 13:1-58; 1Corinthians 15:24-28)

Application

1. God gave us this one life only. The decision to make it a successful life or a
      failure depends on how you live your life.

2. God gave us this one life only. The decision to make it a successful life or a
     failure depends on how you live your life.

3. Even if you think you won’t make it because it is just too difficult or just too
      much for you to handle, don’t give up on your relationship with God because
      if you hang in there with Him, he promises that you will make it through with
      His full and abundant blessing.

Up