Will you be wise or a fool in the eyes of God
The fool[a] says in his heart, “There is no God ” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.2 The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who nderstand, any who seek God.3 All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.4 Do all these evildoers know nothing? They devour my people as though eating bread; they never call on the Lord. 5 But there they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous.6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the Lord is their refuge.7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When the Lord restores his people,
let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
There are many people living in this world. Among them, there are wise people and there are foolish people. The bible tells us to live wisely. Wisdom is more precious than any jewel and as just as light overcomes darkness, there is value in wisdom. Proverbs 4:7The beginning of wisdom is this: Get[a] wisdom. Though it cost all you have,[b] get understanding. Today, we will find out what person is considered a foolish person in the eyes of God so that we can avoid that path and follow the path of wisdom.
A. Who is a foolish person?
A foolish person is jealous and covets others belongings. They turn their backs to God.
10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish[a] woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
Proverbs 14:17A quick-tempered person does foolish things, and the one who devises evil schemes is hated.
25:1 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
1.A foolish person doesn’t have God in their hearts. . (Psalms14:1;)
2.A foolish person doesn’t realize the consequences of sin.(Isaiah9:13)
3. A foolish person relies on the things of this world.(Hosea 7:11,12)
4. A foolish person disobeys God (Hos7:13-15; 시14:1)
B. Who is a wise person?(Prov4:11;8:12; 14:8; 10:8;9:10)
Proverbs tells us that fear of God is the basis for wisdom. A wise person knows to fear God. To fear God is not just to be afraid of him but rather to completely depend upon him. Entrusting yourself to God means to lay down all things before him and being obedient to His words and commands.
God’s wisdom allows us, as humans, to be able to remember God’s commands, be attentive and discern whilst remaining humble. These things come from remembering to fear God.
1.Those that seek God.
1) In order to become wise, you must first seek God(Matt 7:7; Isaiah 55:6)
2) You must seek him with all your strength(Jeremiah 29:12,13; Hebrew 11:6)
3) You must seek him with humility(1Peter 2:2)
4) You must seek him while remaining obedient(Jeremiah 29:12)
5) You must keep faith in the gospel(John3:16; Acts 4:12; 16;31)
2. Those that are with God.
1) God “is” (I am)(Exodus 3:14)
2) God knows all and is capable of all things(Matt 6:8; Isaiah 40:28; Gen.1:3
3) God is ubiquitous(same for all(Jeremiah23:23,24)
4) God is immutable(unchanging)(James 1:17)
5) God is eternal (Deuteronomy33:27God is our eternal refuge) Revelation-
God id alpha and the Omega. He is and always will be the almighty. God.
3. Those that make God happy(Hebrew 11:6)
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
1) A person who has faith that God is with them.
2) A person who seeks God for the ultimate gift of eternal life.
4. Those that are obedient to the will of God.(1Thess 5:16-24)
1) 16 Rejoice always,
2) 17 pray continually,
3) 18 give thanks in all circumstances: for this is God’s will for you in Christ
4) 19 Do not quench the Spirit.
5) 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt
6) 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.
May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of
Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
7) 4:3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;(1 Thessalonia 4:3)
8) 40 For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."(John 6:40)
5.Those what speak the language of Heaven.
1) Thank you
2) I am fine
3) I agree
4) It could be that way
5) It is my fault.
6) Let us pray
7) I love you
8) Let us meet in Heaven.
6.Those that love God
: 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b](Matthew 22:37-39;
Luke 10:27; Mark 12:30,31)
1.God tells us to not be foolish and only seek the will of God so that we may become a wise person that can discern all things.
2. I am sending you out like sheep among(Matthew 10:16) wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
3. I am sending you out like sheep among
We cannot live as foolish people who rely on the things of this world and do not recognize the consequences of sin. Rather we must entrust ourselves to God and continue to pray for a wise life so that we may receive God’s blessings and the ultimate gift of eternal life.