Skip to menu

Sermon

하나님의 사랑과 은혜을 잊은 인간

songgang 2013.11.11 04:55 Views : 774 Recommend:40

I hope all of you are having a wonderful and blessed Sunday. I wanted to share this uplifting message and reminder to our lives which can in many cases become repetitive and unfulfilling:

What will you do now that you have received God's blessing?
1King 9:1-9
When Solomon had finished building the temple of the Lord and the royal palace, and had achieved all he had desired to do, the Lord appeared to him a second time, as he had appeared to him at Gibeon. The Lord said to him: “I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my Name there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. “As for you, if you walk before me faithfully with integrity of heart and uprightness, as David your father did, and do all I command and observe my decrees and laws, I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever, as I promised David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.’ “But if you or your descendants turn away from me and do not observe the commands and decrees I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will cut off Israel from the land I have given them and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. Israel will then become a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. This temple will become a heap of rubble. All who pass by will be appalled and will scoff and say, ‘Why has the Lord done such a thing to this land and to this temple?’ People will answer, ‘Because they have forsaken the Lord their God, who brought their ancestors out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them—that is why the Lord brought all this disaster on them.’ ” (1 Kings 9:1-9 NIV)
Solomon was visited by God twice. The first time, God blessed him with Wisdom and everything else that he needed to build a strong kingdom.
We also need to remember all the blessings we have received. Blessing is not just worldly things. Think about all the things we have; health, longevity of life, breathing, hearing, etc.
The second time, it was to warn and discipline Solomon for how far he had strayed from God. He had received so much and yet he turned his back upon God who had provided him with more than anyone else.
We too easily forget what we have received from our Father God. Sometimes it is because we get busy with the hustle and bustle of life with work, family and friends. However, we need to remind ourselves daily so that we do not receive the same judgement as Solomon.
Gods love does not change.
It is we who have forgotten but we can remind ourselves of the tremendous love of our father God by:

1) Reading the word of God/bible and realizing his plan for us
2)Obedience to God's commands. Putting into action the examples set for us by  Jesus Christ
3)Humility /humbleness in all things we do. Submitting ourselves to serve instead of wanting to be served.

And with this lets make a positive and conscious decision to:

1) give thanks in all circumstances
2) think positive thoughts
3) speak with only positive words
4) let the positive words become seeds to positive actions
72° Sunny
625DeweyAve,SanGabriel,CA,UnitedStates
Up