Skip to menu

Sermon

A Church that Bears Abundant Fruits

Admin 2016.02.08 17:18 Views : 434 Recommend:24

A Church that Bears Abundant Fruits

““I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Jesus is the vine, we are the branches

How can we bear abundant fruits?
     •We must become more like Jesus ◦we must be with Jesus
         ◦we must do everything in the name of Jesus
         ◦“When he found him, he brought him back to Antioch. Both of them
           stayed there with the church for a full year, teaching large crowds of
           people. (It was at Antioch that the believers were first called
           Christians.)” Acts 11:26‬ ‭NLT‬‬
          ◦we must exude the appearance and aroma of Jesus

•The Word must become the cornerstone and the focus of our lives
           ◦Live a Word-centered life
           ◦“But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for
             anything you want, and it will be granted!”John‬ ‭15:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
          ◦“But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night.”
            Psalms‬ ‭1:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬
          ◦blessed is those who work diligently and even more so when he does it
            with a happy heart and joy
          ◦“Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night
            so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you
            prosper and succeed in all you do.” Joshua‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬
          ◦Be changed and transformed with the Word

•We must learn and be trained in accordance with the Word of God
          ◦Learn (Matt 11:29)
          ◦Follow (Matt 4:19) “Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I
           will show you how to fish for people!”” Matthew‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬
          ◦Be committed (2 Cor 2:4,5)
          ◦Be disciplined (1 Cor 9:27)

•Conditions of training and key points of training ◦Making it a personal priority
          ◦Witness (Acts 1:8)
          ◦Serve (Exodus 21:5,6)

•Why wouldn't you be able to bear fruits?
           ◦You have not yet become one with the Lord
           ◦You are sick and weary, not spiritually healthy
           ◦You have not matured, staying in Spiritual infancy

The result of abundant fruits
     •God is glorified
     •We become disciples of Jesus Christ

Application
•Spread the Good News: “You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.” 2 Timothy‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭NLT

‬‬
•Keep God's commandments: “Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”” Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭NLT

‬‬
•Pursue God and not things of this world: “But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have declared so well before many witnesses.” 1 Timothy‬ ‭6:11-12‬ ‭NLT

‬‬
•“And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.” 2 Peter‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭NLT‬

75° Sunny
TCCK, San Gabriel, CA, United States

Up