Skip to menu

Sermon

Recovery of true love

Admin 2015.08.10 10:48 Views : 496 Recommend:24

Recovery of true love

(John 21-1-22)

“When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.” ‭‭John‬ ‭21:15-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

We must love others
•Jesus asked 3 times “do you love me” and answered in 3 different ways regarding who are “others” regarding the different stages of those “others” •Feed my lamb (newborn)
•Take care of my sheep (growing)
•Feed my sheep (fully matured)
•What are the concrete practice of love that Jesus Christ has shown? •As John 21 is the last chapter of John and of the four Books of the Gospel, it shows His commanding and true demonstration of love

Be able to make eye contact
- love is to seek out and going to those who might have turned their backs to you, as Jesus did.
- it is those with true power that can seek out and show love and forgiveness

Go and seek them out and strike up a conversation
•Jesus went to the disciples after they had deserted him when He got crucified… He asked them a question to start the conversation
•We have His love so we should be able to start the conversation
•“It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬
•Even if someone has hurt you or turned their backs to you or betrayed you, we must be able to seek them out in conversation first

Fill their need
•Jesus went to His disciples that had left Him and went back to their lives of fishing… But they couldn't catch any fish all night, and so when He went to them, He gave them instruction to miraculously catch fish
•only way to be able to fill each other's need is to first respect each other as equal value
•in whatever your own circumstance, to be able to be able to give, to serve, and to fill someone's need is demonstrating Christianity Jesus showed us by example that we should forgive, reach out, converse, and fill the needs of others to truly demonstrate recovery of love!

72° Partly Cloudy
TCCK, San Gabriel, CA, United States

Up