Skip to menu

Sermon

How can we glorify God with our lives?

Admin 2015.06.15 19:32 Views : 496 Recommend:18

How can we glorify God with our lives?

Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. ” “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (‭John‬ ‭3‬:‭1-8‬ NIV)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭14‬ NIV)

What is the glory of God?
•Jesus Christ is the glory of God
•So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭31‬ NIV)
•putting God first before anything else
•it's not by each action itself but by the intention of each action
•ultimate purpose

How do we show God's glory?
•walk daily in His word and show fruits of His word in our daily lives
•our life is but a path back home to Him, which is our final destination
•knowing the end destination is Heaven and our life is to not sway from that goal

We have been created for the glory of God
•But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth— everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.” (‭Isaiah‬ ‭43‬:‭1-7‬ NIV)
•Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end. Then all your people will be righteous and they will possess the land forever. They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor. The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation. I am the Lord; in its time I will do this swiftly.” (‭Isaiah‬ ‭60‬:‭20-22‬ NIV)

It is when we are obedient to God no matter what, that we fully glorify God
•King Aram's general Naman: 2Kings 5:1-14
•Joshua and the fall of Jericho: Joshua 6:1-20
•Gideon: Judges 7:1-9
•Jesus showed ultimate example of obedience: Philippians 2:5-11

Meeting Jesus is glorifying God
•meeting of Nicodemus with Jesus represented the meeting of the New Testament with the Old
•Jesus represented the binding of the law and the gospel

Being born again is glory to God
•importance of being born again •It is how we will be renewed and receive salvation
•it is the only way to be cleansed of our sins

•definition of being born again •it is being renewed and saved in Christ Jesus
•by water - cleansing
•by Holy Spirit - by His Word
•those who are saved must put their full effort in their daily lives to lift all glory to God - He is our first priority and center of our lives

We, like Peter and Paul, can live a life that glorifies life by having conviction in our lives to glorify God in all aspects of our lives. In Him, we are saved and are blessed with each day. Prioritize Him and trust Him always. Experience the blessings of God through glorifying Him always!

70° Haze
TCCK, San Gabriel, CA, United States
Up