Skip to menu

Sermon

Earning a new life through death

Admin 2015.09.14 15:45 Views : 521 Recommend:27

Earning a new life through death

““For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.“ Galatians‬ ‭2:19-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬‬‬

“How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:36-37‬ ‭NIV‬‬‬‬‬‬
We die to sin and live for righteousness

•What is sin?
•State of rebelling against God
•failure to evolve from our past
•going against what's right to do evil… Deliberate and conscious act of evil
•transgression

•What is righteousness?
•Nature of God
•God's actions of establishing what's right in the world
•result of God's actions
•revelation of the gospel of God
•obeying God's words

“about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;” John‬ ‭16:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬‬‬

•Jesus Christ bearing the cross, dying for our sins

Die to worldly death and live for eternal life

•wages of sin is death

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans‬ ‭6:23‬ ‭NIV‬‬‬‬

•it is through Jesus Christ's sacrifice that we have received eternal life

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us….so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” ‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:8, 21‬ ‭NIV‬‬‬‬‬‬

•Jesus gives eternal life in the Gospel
•The death of Jesus on the cross allowed for us to receive eternal life

We have died to the things of this world and live for His Kingdom

•we should no longer be bound to the things of this world
•what are we prioritizing today? Is it of this world or if the Lord?
•Jesus nailed all sin, things of this world to the cross

We are not living for ourselves, not for our immediate families… We are not living to prioritize the things of this world. We are alive today because we died on the cross with Jesus for our sins and now live to seek His Kingdom and for God's purpose.

84° Sunny
TCCK, San Gabriel, CA, United States
Up