Skip to menu

Sermon

To live and die as a Saint

Admin 2016.02.23 09:48 Views : 1433 Recommend:21

To live and die as a Saint

“Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down. For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians‬ ‭2:18-20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Even the seed that is sowed must die first to be born again in new life to bear fruit

“What a foolish question! When you put a seed into the ground, it doesn’t grow into a plant unless it dies first. And what you put in the ground is not the plant that will grow, but only a bare seed of wheat or whatever you are planting.” 1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:36-37‬ ‭NLT‬‬
     •the seed that is sowed bears both death and life
     •the death is not for nothing but is a necessary process to allow a new life
      to bear fruit

What is life and death?
     •Life has been created and granted by God (Gen 1:20-27; 1 Sam 2:6; Matt
      6:25; Rom 4:17; 1 Tim 6:13) ◦He has the sole authority to give and to take
      away
          ◦Having the relationship with God made right will allow you to know that
           you are here for His specific purpose rather than clinging onto the
           worldly life itself
          ◦An example of a result when one man disobeyed God: Adam
     ◾Destined to death
     ◾not until Jesus Christ was reconciliation possible
          ◦God gave us a way to live again
          ◦“Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—
           for God himself has given us right standing with himself.”
           Romans‬ ‭8:33‬ ‭NLT‬

•Death is the outcome of sin, losing life as fruits of sin ◦“before I leave
      —never to return— for the land of darkness and utter gloom. It is a land as
     dark as midnight, a land of gloom and confusion, where even the light is
     dark as midnight.’”” Job‬ ‭10:21-22‬ ‭NLT‬‬
         ◦It is due to sin where the punishment is death
         ◦wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23)
         ◦death in the gospel is the act of leaving our old selves and being
           resurrected in new life through Jesus Christ who assured us the
           cleansing of our sins through his blood

What is death and life we experience with Jesus?
     •we die to our sins and live for righteousness
     •we have died to death and live for eternal life
     •recognizing salvation is when you accepted the sacrifice and gift in Jesus
       Christ, and were able to call God our Father
     •we have died to this world and we live in the Kingdom of Heaven

Our life is renewed and is a gift of God through Jesus Christ. We were destined to death until this sacrifice of unconditional love to allow us to become citizens of God's Kingdom again. We must be thankful each morning for being awake, being able to breathe, being able to open our eyes, being able to walk, being able to work. Live each day seeking the kingdom of God, for the hope for the glory in heaven as God's children. Devote each day to how you will serve God by paying forward your blessing to those around you, encouraging and loving those that the Holy Spirit guides you to interact with throughout that day.

“Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭NLT‬

Remember the story of the prodigal son. As Christians we are like the disgruntled brother who became upset when the Father rejoiced and accepted the return of the prodigal brother… Ultimately risking his own reward by missing out on the opportunity to celebrate and rejoice. We must remember that we are all sinner and it is by the Father's generosity that we exist… Not because of our own works. Always remember to transpire in love… Not falling into the temptation of our own self-righteousness. Remember to die to yourself and live in and by Christ Jesus. It is when you give yourself up for God that you will experience the miracles of God in your renewed life.

66° Sunny
TCCK, San Gabriel, CA, United States
Up