Skip to menu

Sermon

Who must we meet?

Admin 2015.05.24 14:58 Views : 478 Recommend:26

Who must we meet?

Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way. When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.” But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” (‭Luke‬ ‭19‬:‭1-10‬ NIV)

Who should we meet?
•depending on who you meet, your life can change and be impacted drastically
•meeting the Lord Jesus will convert your life to a life of blessings
•you must seek to meet Jesus fervently as Zacchaeus did

We must meet Jesus
•Do you remember how you met Jesus and what impact He's had in your life?
•there are many testimonials of those who met Jesus and found a renewed purpose of life and way to God and salvation
•Zacchaeus had some of the worst circumstances to be able to meet Jesus but he put his dedication and devotion to meeting Him and was willing to be converted and lay it all down for Him

How can we meet Jesus?
•We must have passion and devotion to meet Him
•as Zacchaeus found the mulberry tree to climb to see Jesus, we must out our best effort despite the obstacles to seek Him
•we must have desire for Jesus and be willing to answer to His calling

Life after meeting Jesus
•Lord's grace will be upon you
•You are the subject of the Lord's interest
•Your sins are forgiven
•Your life is changed
•You will be saved

You must seek to meet Jesus and always desire to be by his side. Through Him is salvation and peace. You must be willing to lay it all down before Him and He will bless you with saving grace and eternal life. Jesus is our Lord. The world might have forsaken you but the Lord is on your side and is in your favor. God is waiting for us to come back home to Him.

64° Cloudy
625 Dewey Ave, San Gabriel, CA, United States
Up