Skip to menu

Sermon

Unconditional love

Admin 2015.05.10 15:22 Views : 506 Recommend:23

Unconditional love

When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman, here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. (‭John‬ ‭19‬:‭26-27‬ NIV)

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment. (‭Matthew‬ ‭15‬:‭21-28‬ NIV)

A mother's love is truly unconditional love
•she sacrifices herself for her husband and her kids
•she does it to then point where the husband and kids might take it for granted
•she puts them ahead of herself

We should recognize, appreciate, respect and over our parents - to obey our parents is to obey God

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” (‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭1-3‬ NIV)

We experience and must value the great love and faith of our mother
•we value worldly possession and status
•we value physical worth and strength
•we value mental worth and strength
•we value one's character

Great faith requires patience and perseverance

A mother's love is the closest thing to God's love for us
•the love of a mother is an empathetic love, willing to bear the suffering of her children
•the love of a mother is a meaningful love, encouraging the dreams and ambitions of their children

Mothers, instill and encourage the dreams and vision of your children. Be empathetic to their suffering. Teach God's love through a true mother's unconditional love. Bear the responsibility of a parent

68° Sunny
TCCK, San Gabriel, CA, United States

Up