Skip to menu

Sermon

God is with us

Admin 2015.03.01 18:21 Views : 513 Recommend:28

God is with us

After leaving Sukkoth they camped at Etham on the edge of the desert. By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. (‭Exodus‬ ‭13‬:‭20-21‬ NIV)

God is with those who trust Him…strengthening the underdog
•David vs. Goliath - David was God's anointed and he trusted God will guide his way to victory by beating evil
•Elijah vs. the army of 850

God is speaking to us and is with us always ~ not just through big miracles, but through the details of our lives we can experience God

How can we experience God's presence with us?
•being thankful and happy about being blessed with today, each moment
•remembering the grace of God gave us life
•Living according to God's will and becoming Christ like
•becoming children of God

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. (‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭13-14‬ NIV)
•maturing and growing up in Jesus Christ

until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭13‬ NIV)

God who led the Israelites out of Egypt and through the desert
•God gave pillar of cloud during the day to provide shade, and pillar of fire during the night to keep them warm
•God provided Moses with all that he needed to lead the Israelites out of Slavery and to promised land

to feel being with God
•make disciples and spread the gospel
•learn and act according to God's will
•be perfected in joy striving for full reatoration

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. (‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭11‬ NIV)
•when two or three gather together to praise God
•seek Him

I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭8‬:‭17‬ NIV)
•God appoints in your time so have faith

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (‭Joshua‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬ NIV)

The blessings of God being with us
•prosperity (Psalm 1:3)
•protection (Psalm 41:2)
•blessed descendants (Psalm 37:26)
•bear fruit (Lev 17:7,8)
•Heaven is ours ~ salvation (Matt 5:4-12)
•power to beat the enemy (1John 3:8)
•power to victor over sinners (1John 3:9)
•rule over the world (1 John 5:4)

Remember that God is always with you and is in your corner. Be aware of His presence, hear His whispers, trust His will for you!

59° Cloudy
625 Dewey Ave, San Gabriel, CA, United States

Up