Skip to menu

Sermon

You have been chosen by God

Admin 2015.10.05 17:09 Views : 512 Recommend:24

You have been chosen by God

“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.” ‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:4-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The reason we have been chosen by God
     •to praise and glorify Him for His grace
     •He made us holy to bless us as His children

God is holy
     •Holiness of God refers to his dignity and transcendence
     •it is the essence of God
     •He is the Light and wants us to be a light… Where there is light, there is no
      darkness

We as Saints must be holy in Him
     •not on our own, but by His grace
     •“As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;” Romans‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

God chose us to bless us
     •what we wrongfully prioritize as blessing
     •Materialistic gains
     •physical health
     •“or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:7-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

•So what is true blessing? •Blessing of salvation
     •“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—” Ephesians‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
     •Blessing of PEACE in Christ
     •“to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One
        he loves.” ‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬
     •“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the
       world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be
       said. ” ‭‭John‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The result for God choosing us
     •We have been made holy and without fault
     •By the grace of God, we have the received the gift and the opportunity to
       participate in His glory
     •We have become those under God's dominion, we belong to God, the most
      powerful dominion and influence, we are not alone.
     •“When the Year of Jubilee for the Israelites comes, their inheritance will be
       added to that of the tribe into which they marry, and their property will be
       taken from the tribal inheritance of our ancestors.”” Numbers‬ ‭36:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

If we observe the reasons God chose us
     •Purpose of our life is clear: to serve God
     •as saints and children of God, we reflect God's glory, freedom, love, peace,
       and joy
     •continued overflowing abundance to be wholly capable of serving His will

Application
     •Let us thank God for His call and choosing us to partake in the task at hand
        to serve God and spread the gospel
     •Let's not live in shame, knowing that we are children of God
     •No matter what the situation, thank God and glorify Him and remember God
      accepted us as we are and He will always bless and protect us.

God chose us and in Him ALL is possible. Be empowered and speak and act in confidence to serve His purpose!!!

66° Partly Cloudy

Up