Will you be ready to greet your Lord?
Micah 2:12-13 (NIV) / 미가 2:12,13
12 “I will surely gather all of you, Jacob;
I will surely bring together the remnant of Israel.
I will bring them together like sheep in a pen,
like a flock in its pasture;
the place will throng with people.
13 The One who breaks open the way will go up before them;
they will break through the gate and go out.
Their King will pass through before them,
the Lord at their head.”
We live in difficult times to live a spiritually dedicated life. It is more important than ever that we believers hold steadfastly to our faith in the word as we live side by side with worldly idols and temptations. It is because there will be a time of reckoning(Revelations 20:12,13). Revelation 20:12-13 New International Version (NIV)
12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life.The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.
For those that have not been faithful, they will be eternally condemned but for those that have held onto their faith to the end, God will call his own and his people to give the gift of salvation. Therefore, we must work even harder to stay true to our faith and stand upon that rock of salvation so that we can be saved.
- Who will be ready to greet the Lord when he comes?
- Those that have not given into idols
What is an idol?
1 Corinthians 8:4
1 King 18:
1 King 19:18
- Those that have not given into injustice
Psalm 89:114, 92:2 Throne of God is foundation with righteousness and justice.
- Those that have not given in to the ways of the world.
2 Timothy 3:1-5
- Last day, People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money(2 Timothy 3:1,2)
- Last day, People does not give thank, without self –control.(2Timothy 3:2,3)
- Last day, people Lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.(2Tim3:3,45)
God's people should strive to be godly with all their heart, not with the wicked customs of the world (1 Tim. 4: 7). God does not want the saints to be with the world (Ephesians 5: 8 )
- What characteristics must you have to greet the Lord?
- Joshua and Calab
Numbers 13:26-14:8 If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us.
1Samuel 17:45 David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
2 Timothy 2:4 No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs--he wants to please his commanding officer.
- Genesis 1:28,29
- Matthew 6:33
- Jeremiah 29:13
- Jeremiah 33:3
- Matthew 22;37-39
- Sense of Duty
- Matthew 5:16
- 1Peter 5:4
- It is very difficult to be one of those that are lifted up among the people when the Lord comes. These will be times where you will be subject to more suffering from various kinds of unjust treatment, tribulation and persecution. However, keeping the faith through all of this suffering is the path to salvation.
- Never kneel down to idols or the ways of this world or to any injustice. Though the path is narrow, keep your faith and continue on the path set by your Lord.