Skip to menu

Sermon

Have this Attitude: the Attitude of Christ

Admin 2016.04.12 18:50 Views : 827 Recommend:24

Have this Attitude: the Attitude of Christ

“Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians‬ ‭2:1-11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Everything is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus

“I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,” Philippians‬ ‭3:7-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•Paul was spreading this message even when he is sitting in jail and captured for spreading the gospel
•Paul was demonstrating that no matter what the current circumstances, he knows it is for God's will and he rejoices in staying true to Christ and having the attitude of Christ
•“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” Philippians‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•Paul never got discouraged even if the worldly punishments and sufferings was imposed on him for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ
•Paul knew and believed and celebrated in knowing that Jesus Christ is the way to eternal life, He is the way, that He is the truth, and that He is love

Have a Pure Heart
•Pure Heart is Jesus Christ's Heart
•Our Heart is a sinful, a prisoner of this world, concerned about the things and worries of this world, but Jesus Christ came to cleanse us to be righteous

•Sin cannot be resolved and cleansed by human power, only by Christ Jesus

Have a Humble Heart
•“So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.” ‭‭John‬ ‭13:4-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•Jesus is God's fundamental body: “Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,” Philippians‬ ‭2:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•The Lord washed the feet of his disciples to demonstrate an attitude of servitude: “So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.” John‬ ‭13:4-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•Jesus is gentle and humble in heart: “Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew‬ ‭11:29‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•Our hearts are easily strayed by the things and status of this world to falsely think we did any of it on our own, but we must remember it is by God's will that you are blessed with anything you achieve in this world, for His glory, to serve His will

Have a Gentle Heart
•“But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” Galatians‬ ‭5:22-23‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•“So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.” James‬ ‭1:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬
•Humble Heart of Moses: Numbers 12:3
•Humble Heart of Zechariah: Zechariah 9:9

Have a Heart of Love
•God loved us first: John 3:16
•Let's reflect upon ourselves and how we are demonstrating love for God and for others
•We are here to serve God, which is to love God and to love one anothet

Application
•Lay down all your burdens and self-reliance onto God and let Him give you rest… He's got it
•Invite the Holy Spirit to all aspects of your life as He gives strength, He gives wisdom, He blesses with love, He gives joy, He gives answers
•Seek to have the Lord's hear, know He loves you and love Him, trust Him, live for Hims
•Be true to God… Not pretending in a shell of a Christian, but truly living in love
•Be centered in God in love: “If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.” 1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:1-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

64° Mostly Cloudy
No. Subject Author Date Views
444 하나님은 나의 힘이되십니다 God is my strength. file admin 2020.02.16 587
443 주님의 부르심을 받은 우리가 해야할 일은? What is the duty for those called by Christ? file admin 2020.02.09 460
442 행복하고 기쁨의 생활을 하기를 원하십니까? Do you want a happy and joyful life? file admin 2020.02.02 416
441 행복을 추구하는 인생 In pursuit of happiness file admin 2020.01.26 634
440 풍성한 삶을 살라 Live an Abundant Life file admin 2020.01.19 466
439 희망을 갖고 행동하라 Act in hope file admin 2020.01.12 426
438 성장하는 그리스도인이 되자 Let’s become mature Christians. file admin 2020.01.05 459
437 Make the most of every opportunity 세월을 아끼라 file admin 2019.12.29 600
436 예수님이 왜 이 세상에 오셨습니까? Why did Jesus come to this world? file admin 2019.12.22 445
435 예수님에 대하여 얼마나 알고 계십니까? How much do you know about Jesus? file admin 2019.12.16 457
434 하나님이 우리와 함께 하심을 믿습니까? Do you believe that God is with us? file admin 2019.12.08 390
433 왜 감사해야 합니까? Why Do I need to give thanks? 我为什么要感谢? file admin 2019.12.01 412
432 Say Thankful Words 감사에 찬 말을 하라 file admin 2019.11.24 690
431 Don’t you want to live well? 멋진 인생을 살아보시지 않으시겠습니까? file admin 2019.11.17 509
430 The new life of a born again Christian 구원받은 성도의 새생활 file admin 2019.11.10 470
429 Why did God choose you? 하나님은 왜 당신을 선택하셨을까요? file admin 2019.11.03 443
428 Repent, for the kingdom of Heaven is near 회개하라 천국이 가까왔느니라 file admin 2019.10.27 758
427 What is our sincere hope? 우리의 참된 소망이 무엇일까? file admin 2019.10.20 471
426 Be a witness to the Kingdom of God” “하나님 나라를 증거 합시다.” file admin 2019.10.13 471
425 God’s sovereignty and our salvation 하나님의 주권과 우리의 구원 file admin 2019.10.06 609
Up