Skip to menu

Sermon

Receiving Eternal Life

Admin 2015.02.08 13:17 Views : 574 Recommend:29

Receiving Eternal Life

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment. (‭John‬ ‭5‬:‭24-29‬ ESV)

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” (‭John‬ ‭6‬:‭40‬ ESV)

there is two futures: eternal life and eternal condemnation

A mayfly and grasshopper were hanging out an grasshopper said Let's meet tomorrow… And mayfly asked what is tomorrow? As mayfly only lived a day. Grasshopper said, when the sun goes down and then come's back up, it's tomorrow. Then the mayfly wished he could live to see tomorrow.

Then the grasshopper hung out with a frog and the frog said let's meet up next spring as it's too cold! The grasshopper asked what is next spring? As the grasshopper didn't know seasons as it didn't live more than a season. When the frog explained, the grasshopper wished he could live longer to see the next season.

Often, we don't know eternal life and sadly miss the opportunity to look forward to it and to strive for it for God allows us eternal life through Jesus Christ!

what is eternal life?
     •to know God
     •Not a God that has been constructed by any specific religion and laws
     •God who created the Heavens and the Earth
     •God our Father
     •God who saved us by giving His only begotten Son for our salvation

•to know Jesus Christ •He came to earth and died on the cross for our sins
     •He resurrected

How do we receive eternal life?
     •through the Holy Spirit (Gal 6:8)
     •live according to God's word and in Jesus Christ name (John 5:24)
     •believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16)
     •in Jesus Christ (John 6:68)

How can we live forever?
     •Believe in salvation through Jesus Christ
     •live obeying God

Way to eternal life
     •receive the gospel •God loves us
     •Jesus is God's only begotten Son
     •intellectual faith - read the Bible
     •emotional faith - wholehearted
     •devotional faith - depending on God and trusting God
     •believe that Jesus who had the Kingship and priesthood of heaven came to
       save us
     •Jesus came and died for us and resurrected in 3 days (1 Cor 15:3-4)
     •Jesus taught for 40 days after resurrection (Acts 1:3)
     •Jesus is at the right hand of God (Acts 1:11; Rev 3:21)
     •Jesus is Son of God (Matt 16:16)

•believe in the gospel (John 15:26; 1 Cor 12:3)
     •repent (Acts 2:38)
     •Confess Jesus is Lord (Matt 16:16)
     •Be Baptized (Mark 16:16)
     •Believe you have been saved (Rom 8:14-16)

Don't question the existence of eternal life, but believe and trust God as we have been saved and received eternal life!

70° Sunny
625 Dewey Ave, San Gabriel, CA, United States
Up