Skip to menu

Sermon

Faith of Resurrection of Abraham

Admin 2016.04.30 23:05 Views : 1035 Recommend:37

Faith of Resurrection of Abraham

“By faith Abraham, being tried, offered up Isaac: yea, he that had gladly received the promises was offering up his only begotten even he to whom it was said, In Isaac shall thy seed be called: accounting that God is able to raise up, even from the dead; from whence he did also in a figure receive him back.” Hebrews‬ ‭11:17-19‬ ‭ASV‬‬

It is by faith of resurrection that the promise is delivered
•“And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass, and I and the lad will go yonder; and we will worship, and come again to you. And Abraham took the wood of the burnt-offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son. And he took in his hand the fire and the knife. And they went both of them together.” Genesis‬ ‭22:5-6‬ ‭ASV‬‬
•Isaac was a son that God promised him at a time that seemed humanly impossible to have
•Despite what the potential loss is… Abraham trusted God's will and committed to God's command even to give up his only begotten son
•“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth on me, though he die, yet shall he live;” John‬ ‭11:25‬ ‭ASV‬‬
•this was reflective of what was to come with regards to Jesus's coming and sacrifice and resurrection to resolve our sins

It is by faith of resurrection that any trials are overcome
•“And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son, whom thou lovest, even Isaac, and get thee into the land of Moriah. And offer him there for a burnt-offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.” Genesis‬ ‭22:2‬ ‭ASV‬‬
•even in the midst of what seems to be the worst thing that can happen… Trust God's will in any given situation and abide by His will

Why would God allow trials?
•It is not to just make you suffer in vein
•“And the angel of Jehovah called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham. And he said, Here I am. And he said, Lay not thy hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything unto him. For now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt-offering in the stead of his son.” Genesis‬ ‭22:11-13‬ ‭ASV‬‬
•God delivers a strengthening of faith and solid foundation to assure preparation to carry out his will
•God makes it known that it is by Him and only Him that His will is carry out and we are able to witness only by faith
•Through all the failures and trials that Abraham had to persevere through and have faith to survive through that Abraham was assigned as the father of nations… The final trial with Isaac was that of demonstration of resurrection
•“There hath no temptation taken you but such as man can bear: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation make also the way of escape, that ye may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:13‬ ‭ASV‬‬

Have faith in God and do not give up based on your current trials and sufferings… But look to God, repent and come forward to commit to Him, have faith in His will. Make God your foundation in courage to make it through each moment and day… To overcome fear. God wants your faith to be strong. He allows the storms of trials that through it we will become stronger and to give us power.

“that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death; if by any means I may attain unto the resurrection from the dead.” Philippians‬ ‭3:10-11‬ ‭ASV‬‬

“O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting? The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law: but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:55-57‬ ‭ASV‬‬

Faith offering the best
•Abraham was willing to sacrifice his most precious thing, his only begotten Son for God
•Isaac was as important as his own life
•He was willing to give his own life for God
•“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a grain of wheat fall into the earth and die, it abideth by itself alone; but if it die, it beareth much fruit.” John‬ ‭12:24‬ ‭ASV‬‬
•“Moreover, brethren, we make known to you the grace of God which hath been given in the churches of Macedonia; how that in much proof of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. For according to their power, I bear witness, yea and beyond their power, they gave of their own accord, beseeching us with much entreaty in regard of this grace and the fellowship in the ministering to the saints: and this, not as we had hoped, but first they gave their own selves to the Lord, and to us through the will of God.” 2 Corinthians‬ ‭8:1-5‬ ‭ASV‬‬

Whether we are giving money, time, resources, anything to God, remember you are giving your best to God and it is in that which God will be pleased. Giving your best to God is giving what you might consider most important, not with exception to what is most important. Seek to have this faith of resurrection, not abound to anything of this world, no matter how important it might seem… Nothing is more important than obeying God and living to serve God.

“Women received their dead by a resurrection: and others were tortured, not accepting their deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:” Hebrews‬ ‭11:35‬ ‭ASV‬‬

What are you willing to give up for God to demonstrate your faith of resurrection?

72° Sunny
625 Dewey Ave, San Gabriel, CA, United States

Up