Skip to menu

Sermon

Diligently follow in the footsteps of Christ

그리스도의 형상을 이루기까지 수고하라

Galatians 4:12-20 New International Version (NIV) / 갈라디아서 4:12-20

12 I plead with you, brothers and sisters, become like me, for I became like you. You did me no wrong. 13 As you know, it was because of an illness that I first preached the gospel to you, 14 and even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself. 15 Where, then, is your blessing of me now? I can testify that, if you could have done so, you would have torn out your eyes and given them to me. 16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

17 Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them. 18 It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always, not just when I am with you. 19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20 how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you!

설교음성파일 듣기 : 041518.mp3

예수님께서는 그의 제자들을 어린아이들이라고 하셨습니다.(마11:25) 이는 말하는 것이나 생각하는 것이 어린아이(고전13:11) 수준이라는 것보다 오히려 그것을 감싸고 이해하는 마음의 표이기도 합니다. 부모에게 어린 아이가 꿈이요 희망입니다. 배속에 품는 순간부터 거기에다 정성을 쏟게되고 이를 낳아서 기를 때는 온갖 수고를 아끼지 않으면서도 그것을 수고하기 보다 오히려 즐거움과 보람으로 여기며 희생을 원합니다.

Jesus said that his disciples were like little children. Words spoken and thoughts like children. Rather than the maturity level, he is utilizing these descriptions to encourage embracing and understanding of one another. To a parent, a child is their dream and hope. From the moment of conception, to birth, parents will spare no effort for their children and will accept the sacrifices with joy and as a gratifying experience.

Matthew 11:25 New International Version (NIV)

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

1 Corinthians 13:11 New International Version (NIV)

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

본문 말씀 19절에 “나의 자녀들아 너희 속에 그리스도의 형상이 이루기까지 다시 너희를 위하여 해산하는 수고를 하노니”라고 하였습니다. 사도 바울은 갈라디아 교회의 성도들을 “나의 자녀들”이라고 불렀습니다. 그가 복음을 전하여 저들이 예수를 구주로 믿고 신앙고백을 하는 과정을 일컬어 해산하는 것이라고 표현하였습니다. 또한 그들이 믿음이 자라고 주님과 복음을 위하여 열심히 헌신하며 봉사하는 것으로 그 안에 예수 그리스도의 형상을 이루어 가는 것이라고 보았습니다(갈 4:15).

Galatians 4:15 (NIV)15 Where, then, is your blessing of me now? I can testify that, if you could have done so, you would have torn out your eyes and given them to me.

그러나 인간에게는 불완전한 요소가 있어서 한 순간 시험을 당할 때 신앙이 무너지고 넘어질 때가 있습니다. 그러나 하나님 아버지께서는 부모가 자식을 대하듯이 다시 해산하는 수고에서부터 시작하여 그리스도의 형상으로 장성할 수 있도록 이끌어 주십니다. 세상에서 하나님의 자녀들은 누구나 다 이런 과정을 수없이 반복하게  됩니다.

However, man has the characteristic that causes him/her to stumble and fall down when faced with a trial or tribulation. It is at these moments that God, as our father and parent, will continue to encourage us to mature and grow in the image of Christ. All of God’s children go through this many times over.

성도가 그리스도 안에서 거듭나는 과정을 해산하는(거듭남) 것이라고 한다면 우리의 신앙 인격이 그리스도의 형상에 이르게되는 과정을 성화(聖化)라고 합니다. 중생(重生)(거듭남)은 하나님의 은혜로 이루어지는 신비로운 과정이지만 그리스도의 성품에 이르게 하는 성화의 과정은 일평생 꾸준한 노력과 교육을 통해서 이루어 나가게 된다는 사실입니다.

The process by which our faith reaches to the image of Christ is called sanctification. Being born again is a mysterious process of God's grace, but the process of sanctification that leads to the character of Christ is accomplished through constant efforts and training throughout your entire life.

1. 예수 그리스도는 우리의 멘토(이상형) 입니다.

Jesus Christ is our mentor

세상에는 완전한 사람이 없습니다. 아무리 높은 학식과 교양을 갖추고 엄격한 도덕성을 지닌 사람이라도 인간은 누구나 연약함이 있고 육신을 갖고 있어 허점이 많습니다. 로마서 3:10-12에 “의인은 없나니 하나도 없으며 깨닫는 자도 없고 하나님을 찾는 자도 없고 다 치우쳐 한가지로 무익하게 되고 선을 행하는 자는 없나니 하나도 없도다”고 하였습니다. 오직 그리스도만 완전하신 인격자입니다. 성경은 죄로 인하여 파괴된 인간의 본성이 그리스도 안에서 새롭게 될 수 있다고 말씀하십니다.

Romans 3:10-12 (NIV)

• As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;11 there is no one who understands;
    there is no one who seeks God.12 All have turned away, they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one.”

1) 예수님은 창조의 원형입니다.(요1:1-4)

Jesus was present in the beginning

태초에 하나님이 천지를 창조하실 때 예수님이 함께 계셨습니다. 요한은 세상에 오신 예수님을 소개하면서 본래 만물을 창조하신 분이며 생명의 근원이라고 하였습니다.(요1:1-4)

• 그가 태초에 하나님과 함께 계셨고 만물이 그로 말미암아 지은 바 되었으니 지은 것이 하나도 그가 없이는 된 것이 없느니라. 그 안에 생명이 있었으니 이 생명은 사람들의 빛이라. 빛이 어두움에 비취되 어두움이 깨닫지 못하더라"(요한복음 1:1-4)
  • 2:52에 예수는 그 지혜와 그 키가 자라가며 하나님과 사람에게 더 사랑스러워가시더라 하였습니다.

John 1:1-4 (NIV)

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Luke 2:52(NIV) And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

2) 성화의 모형입니다.(13:15; 마11:29)

Model of sanctification

하나님의 자녀들은 누구나 예수님을 닮아가기 위하여 노력하는 사람들입니다. 본문 말씀 중에 “나의 자녀들아 너희 속에 그리스도의 형상이 이루기까지…”라고 하였습니다. 예수님께서 세상에 계실 때 그의 제자들을 부르시고 삼 년 동안 가르치셨습니다. 말씀으로 교훈 하시고 몸소 실천하여 본을 보이시면서 “내가 너희에게 행한 것같이 너희도 행하게 하려 하여 본을 보였노라”고 하였습니다(요 13:15). 또 “나는 마음이 온유하고 겸손하니 나의 멍에를 메고 내게 배우라”고 하였습니다(마 11:29).

우리는 이 예수님의 생각하시는 것, 말하는 것, 행동하는 것까지 철저하게 예수님의 모습으로 그 인격이 닮아가야 됩니다.

사도 바울은 “” 라고 하였습니다.(빌2:5) 이러한 일들은 하루 사이에 이루어 지지 않습니다.  우리는 오랫동안 경건의 훈련을 통하여 점진적으로 닮아가게 됩니다. 에베소서 4:13에 우리가 다 하나님의 아들을 믿는 것과 아는 일에 하나가 되어 온전한 사람을 이루어 그리스의 장성한 분량이 충만한데까지 이르리니”고 하였습니다.

John 13:15 (NIV)15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

Matthew 11:29 (NIV) 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Philippians 2:5 (NIV) In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 4:13  (NIV)until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

3) 그리스도와 신령한 연합을 하는 것입니다.

It is a spiritual union with Christ (John 15:4)

성도는 예수 그리스도와 신령한 연합을 이루고 있습니다. 예수님께서는 포도나무와 가지의 비유를 통해서 그리스도와 우리가 일체된 관계임을 설명하였습니다. “내 안에 거하라 나도 너희 안에 거라리라 가지가 포도나무에 붙어 있지 아니하면 절로 과실을 맺을 수 없음같이 너희도 내 안에 있지 아니하면 그러하리라(요15:4) 하였습니다.

John 15:4(NIV) Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

인간이 완전하신 그리스도와 연합을 이룬다는 것은 물리적으로 도저히 되어질 수 없는 일입니다.  우리의 속 사람이 그리스도의 성품으로 바뀌어지면서 신령한  연합으로 이어지게 되는 겁니다. 사도 바울은 이와 같은 관계를 이상적인 부부의 관계로 표현하였고(고후11:2) 예수그리스도로 옷입는 것입니다.

2 Corinthians 11:2 (NIV)I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

2. 그리스도의 형상을 이루기 위해서 (고전4:15)

To achieve the image of Christ

바울이 본문에서 해산하는 수고를 말한 것은 전도를 통하여 예수를 믿게 하고 그리스도 안에서 거듭나게 되는 일을 해산하는 것으로 표현하였습니다.  그리스도 예수안에서 복음으로써 내가 너희를 낳았음이라(고전4:15) 하였습니다.

우리가 전도하여 그리스도인으로 인도하는 것은 그리스도의 형상이 이루기까지노력하는 것입니다. 예수님께서는 여자가 해산하게 되면 그때가 이르럿으므로 근심하나 아이를 낳으면 세상에 사람 난 기쁨으로 인하여 그 고통을 다시 기억지 아니하느니라고 하였습니다.(요16:21)

그리스도의 인격으로 완성되어 가도록 하기 위하여 는

1 Corinthians 4:15 (NIV)15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

John 16:21 (NIV)21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

1) 신령한 자양분을 공급하여야 됩니다.

Attain spiritual nourishment

히브리서 13:9절에 “여러 가지 다른 교훈에 끌리지 말라 마음은 은혜로써 굳게 함이 아름답고 식물로써 할 것이 아니니 식물로 말미암아 행한 자는 유익을 얻지 못하였느니라” 고 하였습니다.  마음속에 그리스도의 형상을 이루게 하기 위해서는 거기에 적절한 자양분을 공급해 주어야 됩니다.

우리 몸이 건강하기 위해서는 좋은 음식을 섭취하는 거처럼 우리의 인격이 그리스도의 형상으로 성장하게 하기 위해서는 영양분을 공급하여야 합니다.

베드로는 “갓난아이들같이 순전하고 신령한 젖을 사모하라 이는 이로 말미암아 너희로 구원에 으리도록 자라게 하려 함이라”고 하였습니다.(벧전2:2)

갈라디아 교인들의 경우처럼 바울이 전한 순수한 복음을 받았을 때신앙이 자라고 주님께 열심을 다해 봉사를 다짐했으나 (갈4:15) 거짓 선지자들의 잘못된 교훈을 받아들여 탈선하는 길을 가고 말았습니다.(갈3:1-3)

시편기자는 “복있는 사람은 악인의 꾀를 좇지 아니하며 죄인의 길에 서지 아니하며 오만한 자의 자리에 앉지 아니하고 오직 여호와의 율법을 즐거워하여 그 율법을 주야로 묵사하는 자로다”고 하였습니다.(시1:1-2)

Hebrews 13:9 (NIV)Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

1 Peter 2:2(NIV)Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

Galatians 4:15 (NIV)15 Where, then, is your blessing of me now? I can testify that, if you could have done so, you would have torn out your eyes and given them to me.

Galatians 3:1-3 (NIV)

3 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?[a]

Psalm 1:1-2 (NIV)

Psalm 1Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.

2)성령의 인도하심을 따라야 합니다.(엡4:22-24)

Follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit

Ephesians 4:22-24 (NIV)You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

바울은 “너희는 유혹의 욕심을 따라 썩어져 가는 구습을 좇는 옛 사람을 벗어버리고 오직 심령으로 새롭게 되어 하나님을 따라 의와 진리의 거룩함으로 지으심을 받은 새 사람을 입으라”고 하엿습니다.(엡4:22-24)

성경은 그리스도 안에서 거듭난 사람이라도 그 속에는 육신의 사람과 성령의 사람이 공존한다고 하였습니다(롬 7:21-23).

그 중에도 육신의 성품은 세상으로부터 오는 유혹이나 자기 속에서 발동하는 정욕에 대하여 매우 민감하게 반응하며 하나님의 길에서 이탈하도록 작용합니다. 이것을 억제하며 하나님과 더욱 밀착하게 하는 것은 성령의 도우심으로만이 가능합니다. 로마서 8:7-9에는 “육신의 생각은 하나님과 원수가 되나니 이는 하나님의 법에 굴복치 아니할 뿐 아니라 할 수도 없음이라 육신에 있는 자들은 하나님을 기쁘시게 할 수 없느니라 만일 너희 속에 하나님의 영이 거하시면 너희가 육신에 있지 아니하고 영에 있나니 누구든지 그리스도의 영이 없으면 그리스도의 사람이 아니라”고 하였습니다.         8:14에는 “무릇 하나님의 영으로 인도함을 받은 그들은 곧 하나님의 아들이라”고 하였습니다. 로마서 8:26에는 “이와 같이 성령도 우리 연약함을 도우시나니 우리가 마땅히 빌 바를 알지 못하나 오직 성령이 말할 수 없는 탄식으로 우리를 위하여 친히 간구하시느니라”고 하였습니다.

Romans 7:21-23 (NIV)So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

Romans 8:14 (NIV) For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Romans 8:26 (NIV)In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

3) 적극적인 훈련입니다. Proactive training

우리 안에 그리스도의 형상을 이루게 하는 일은 하나님의 은혜와 성령의 도우심이 우선하지만 여기에는 우리들 스스로 예수를 닮아가기 위한 피나는 훈련이 동반되어야만 하는 것입니다. 바울은 이를 가리켜 「해산하는 수고」라고 하였습니다. 곧 죽음을 통과하는 것 같은 자기와의 싸움을 하여야만 된다는 뜻입니다. 로마서 6:6-7에 “우리가 알거니와 우리 옛사람이 예수와 함께 십자가에 못박힌 것은 죄의 몸이 멸하여 다시는 우리가 죄에게 종 노릇 하지 아니하려 함이니 이는 죽은 자가 죄에서 벗어나 의롭다 하심을 얻었음이니라”고 하였습니다.

Romans 6:6-7 (NIV) For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

그리스도 안에서 영적으로 성장하였다가 다시 옛 사람의 자리로 떨어져 버린 경험이 있는 사람은 죄의 종노릇하는 것이 얼마나 무섭고 불행한 것인가를 알 것입니다(히 6:4-6). 그렇기 때문에 다시 해산하는 고통을 반복하면서 죄에게 종 노릇 하지 않으려고 발버둥치게 됩니다. 갈라디아서 2:20에 “내가 그리스도와 함께 십자가에 못박혔나니 그런즉 이제는 내가 산 것이 아니요 오직 내 안에 그리스도께서 사신 것이라”고 하였습니다.

Hebrews 6:4-6 (NIV)It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen[a] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

• 신앙적인 가정교육입니다.(잠언 22:6)

Spiritual training in the family

마땅히 행할 길을 아이에게 가르치라 그리하면 늙어도 그것을 떠나지 아니하리라” 하였습니다.(잠22:6)

Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)Start children off on the way they should go,     and even when they are old they will not turn from it. 

아비들아 너희 자녀를 노엽게 하지 말고 오직 주의 교양과 훈계로 양육하라(엡6:4)

Ephesians 6:4  (NIV)Fathers,[a] do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

이스라엘아 들으라 우리 하나님 여호와는 오직 하나인 여호와시니 너는 마음을 다하고 성품을 다하고 힘을 다하여 네 하나님

여호와를 사랑하라 오늘날 내가 네게 명하는 이 말씀을 너는 마음에 새기고 네 자녀에게 부지런히 가르치며 라고 하였습니다.

(신6:4-9)

• 건전한 교회의 역할입니다.

Sound position and role of church

교회는 복음을 가르쳐서 하나님의 형상으로 지음 받은 사람이 창조주 하나님을 바로 알고 섬기는 예배적 인격자가 되게 하는 것입니다. 하나님의 말씀을 통하여 이웃을 사랑하고 서로 도와주는 협동적인 인격자가 되게 하며 더 나아가서 자기의 존재가치와목적을 바로 알아 자기의 본분을 성실히 수행하여 문화적 인격자가 되게 하는 일입니다.

• 밝은 사회의 토양을 만드는 일입니다.(마18:6)

Laying down a positive and bright foundation in society

나를 믿는 이 소자 중 하나를 실족케 하면 차라리 연자맷돌을 그 목에 달리우고 깊은 바다에 빠뜨리우는 것이 나으니라 하였습니다.(마18:6)

사람은 원래 하나님의 형상으로 지음을 받았고(창1:26) 예수 그리스도안에서 새로운 피조물로 거듭난 사람들입니다. 그런데 우리 주위에는 우리를 타락하게 만드는 요인들이 많이 있습니다. 그러므로 예수 그리스도의 마음을 가진 사람들이 소금과 빛의 사명을 수행하며 민족 복음화에 세계 복음화를 이루어가야 하는 이유가 여기에 있습니다.

이 시대에 주님께서는 자기의 교회로 하여금 해산의 수고와 같은 비싼 대가를 치르면서 그리스도의 형상을 이루는 일에 그 사명을 다하도록 분부하십니다. 이 땅에 하나님의 나라가 구현되고 사람들의 마음 속에 그리스도의 형상을 이루게 하는 일이 진정 그리스도의 이상을 이루게 하는 일이기 때문입니다.

Matthew 18:6 New International Version (NIV)

Causing to Stumble "“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

우리에게 주시는교훈 Application

1. 사랑하는 성도님!  성도님안에 그리스도의 형상이 이루어지게 하기 위해서 어떠한 해산의 수고를 하고 계십니까? 혹은 형제를 위해 기도하는 것으로 먼저 믿는 여러분의 책임을 다 하고 있다고 생각하십니까? My loving brothers and sisters! What efforts are you putting forth to be like Jesus Christ? Do you believe that just praying for one another is enough?

1. 우리가 다시한번 기억해야 할 것은 우리안에 그리스도의 형상이 이루어지기까지 주님께서 친히 우리를 위해 아끼지 않으셨던 구체적이고 실천적인 일입니다. We need to remember that until that day when Christ’s image is fulfilled in each and every one of us, our Lord will spare no effort.

1. 주님이 나에게 구체적이고 헌신적인 사랑을 베풀어 주셨던 그 일을 나보다 믿음이 연약한 형제를 위해서 베풀수 있어야 하지 않을까요?

Shouldn’t we also be able to spare no effort in helping those that may be going through spiritual trials and tribulations?

1. 씨뿌리는 수고를 하십시오Work diligently to spread the seeds
  2. 목양하는 일을 계속하십시오 Continue in your shepherding ministry

Up